It’s been a month since I left The Pigeonhole, a digital publishing start-up, so for Throwback Thursday I’m going to recount my unexpected moments there:
- Stroking a taxidermied pigeon.
- Setting a lunch trend.
- Encountering questionable websites in my media list research.
- Trying to concentrate with a dog’s head heating up my lap.
- Arguing over Brexit with everyone but the dog.
- Receiving a photo of a newborn baby in an email.
- Eating “the best falafel in London”.
The back of the menu, showing all the different cuts of beef.
The Flat Iron made its way onto my list of “places to eat” easily. The restaurant was recommended to me by my Dad – who over the course of his brief stay now knows better places to eat in London than me – via a Chinese website promoting the best value London eats, and in reviews closer to home it ranks among the top places to eat for steak-lovers in London. A fine reputation among both local and foreign diners was all it took, plus a special occasion to justify yet another dining-out night. Continue reading